Friday, March 7, 2014

You're gorgeous.


Hello chubby cosplays, I’m Ari from Sperm Sisters’. 


(This is me in my Finn cosplay from Anime Boston 2011; If you guys saw me and my princess bubblegum - hi!)


I am 5’6 1/2. 224-5 lbs, widely built - and about 40-50 pounds overweight. I am 14 years old, almost 15. But, to be honest. I am size conscious. I live in a generation where big girls or ‘fat asses’ are meant to feel insecure - and are put beneath skinny girls. Also, considering my mother is one of the people who dislikes overweight-ness. I feel horrible about myself. But after reading this blog, it lifted my spirits. A lot truthfully. I always looked at how rude people would be to bigger cosplayers and all of that. Yes I mean, honestly. It’s not a good idea to cosplay Rikku from X-2 if your overweight. But from this blog, I’ve learned - chubby girls can pull off THE SAME cosplays thin girls can. What rule in the world is there that says chubby girls can’t cosplay? 


I’ve seen pictures that had motivational things that said ‘cosplay isn’t for everyone’. Okay, what makes it not for everyone? That’s can be a huge slap in the face. Like I belive love yourself, but dress in an inch. But honestly, how rude can people be?


If you have the confidence, and your not afraid to put yourself out there and cosplay. Do it. Seriously; show all those trolls, criticizers, and rude people say what they want. You are beautiful, we are human - overweight or not, black or white, tall or short, you define beauty. You could be labeled as the most hideous person on earth by people. And you know what? They are most likely jealous of your confidence. Flaunt what you have honey, just not in the wrong ways! 


I love you all


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment