Friday, March 7, 2014

Austrian Succession Era France, Axis Powers Hetalia I almost flaked out on this costume before I...

Austrian Succession Era France, Axis Powers Hetalia

I almost flaked out on this costume before I got halfway through the planning phase. It’s been done before, by some very STUNNING cosplayers, and while I’m hardly ashamed of my body (a size 14/16: 185lbs at 5’3” is overweight, but nothing terrible), there was a small part of me that worried that it wouldn’t turn out because I could never pull something so lithe and delicately flighty off.

Obviously, I went through with it anyway. And minus a few of the setbacks, I’m absolutely thrilled that it turned out as well as it did. (Though some of us are terrible self-critics, and I’m sure I could nitpick this to death.) And the reception was far better than I’d expected at all! But I also want to seriously thank you for this blog existing at all. I think we all need a little reaffirmation that we don’t need to be model thin to look good, or share cosplay as a hobby.




View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment